Headwaters Food and Farming Alliance Hub
The Hub committee sets direction, policy and resourcing for the activities of the working committees.
HFFA Hub Members
Sandra Dolson – Town of Caledon
Ruth Philips – Town of Orangeville
Marci Lipman – Headwaters Farm Fresh Guide
Ian Payne – Not So Hollow Farm
Karen Hutchinson – Albion Hills Community Farm
Shirley Boxem* – Headwaters Communities in Action
Andrew Seagram – Upper Grand District School Board
Jacalyn Dryland – Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Bob Megens – volunteer
Adelle Barr-Klouman* – Farm to School Program Coordinator
Nicole Hambleton – volunteer
Jennifer Payne – volunteer
Lisa Mychajluk – volunteer
Landon Prescott – Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
Rose Schmidt – Drawdown Headwaters
Nancy Meyer – Drawdown Headwaters
The HFFA Hub currently has voting member vacancies in the following areas:
Business, Culture and Tourism (1)
Municipal Council Representative (1)
Public Health Representative (1)
Stakeholder at Large (1)
Education, Literacy and Access Working Group
The mandate of the HFFA Education, Literacy & Access Working Group is to educate residents bysupporting school-based food and farming programs, community programs and outreach campaigns onfood and farming issues and opportunities including food literacy, food access issues and farmingeducation.
The primary objectives of the ELA group are:
- To support the education and engagement of our youth about local food and farming.
- To collaborate with schools to provide children and youth with opportunities and experiences to learn about food and farming, including the economic and financial value of our food and farming culture in Headwaters.
- To increase food literacy skills by promoting the preparation and consumption of healthy foods.
- To advocate for increased access to culturally acceptable, safe and nutritious foods to meet dietary needs; in a manner that maintains human dignity.
- To educate and engage people in Headwaters about food & farming issues and opportunities within the region by supporting the identification, replication, development and execution of successful programs and/or events.
ELA Committee Members
Jacalyn Dryland Dufferin Area Family Health Team, Registered Dietitian (RD)
Bob Megens volunteer
Heather Verpaalen The Children’s Foundation of Guelph & Wellington/Food & Friends Network, Manager Dufferin Network
Kathryn MacDonald volunteer, RD
Andrew Seagram Upper Grand District School Board, Community Use of Schools Director
Shirley Boxem* HCIA
Nicole Hambleton* HCIA, RD and HFFA Farm to School Program Coordinator
Jennifer Payne* HCIA and HFFA Farm to School Program Coordinator
ELA Support: Branka Gladanac Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
Communication and Website Subcommittee
Charged with the promotion of farm and food businesses in Headwaters through the HFFA website and other media.
*Supported by Headwaters Communities in Action Staff