Thank you for your interest in Headwaters Food & Farming Alliance and the work we’re doing! We have a number of committees and projects going on at any given time, with many opportunities to learn about what’s happening in our local food system and to get involved. We are happy to help find you a place to suit your skills, time and passion.
Here are a few things you can do now to get involved with HFFA:
- Attend a committee meeting
- Sign up for a project subcommittee – bring your ideas and help with planning
- Volunteer for an HFFA event
- Volunteer for a specific project
- Lend your expertise in fundraising, sponsorships, communications, promotion or volunteer recruitment
- Recommend potential partner relationships
- Recommend a new listing for the Farm Fresh Directory
- Stay informed: join our mailing list and watch our newsletter for new opportunities
- Talk to us: tell us about local food events or news we should share with our contacts
- Talk about us: spread the word to your own networks and connect us with other local food and farming projects
For specific opportunities related to each project, please view the individual Project profiles. Profiles are updated as new needs and opportunities arise.
Got money but no time? Support HFFA with a financial donation or sponsorship.
We encourage all community members to get involved in strengthening our local food system.
- Look for, and ask for, local foods at grocery stores
- Shop at farmers’ markets and local bakeries, shops and restaurants
- Plan meals around seasonally available ingredients
- Visit a farm. Talk to a farmer.
- Talk to a child about where food comes from
- Plant, grow, harvest food, then eat it and share it
- Browse local food resources like our Farm Fresh Directory
- Host a local food appreciation event at your school
- Celebrate local food and farming dates on the calendar
- Buy a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share
Still not sure? Contact us for help.